Questions Answered: what kind of auto insurance should I have?

Answer:  Arizona law requires you to have a minimum of $10,000.00 in property damage liability coverage and an additional $15,000.00 per person/ $30,000.00 per accident bodily injury liability coverage. This coverage will only protect you against another person’s claim against you.

We also strongly recommend that you carry comprehensive coverage on your car. This will allow your vehicle to be repaired even if the other party does not carry insurance. Separate from this, your insurance company is required by law to offer you underinsured and uninsured coverage. Both of these coverages are for your injuries as well as pain and suffering. Uninsured coverage is for when the other party had no insurance. Underinsured coverage is for when the value of your medical bills, pain and suffering surpass the limits of the other party. We recommend checking your auto policy to be sure you have uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage.